Technology Information for Parents and Carers at TCC
Taree Christian College is committed to incorporating Information Computing Technology [ICT] into learning in a meaningful manner to help ensure the provision of excellent, inclusive education at the College that will bring glory to God.
Information for Primary Students
Students in Primary use a mix of devices at school. They have use of the laptops in the ISC, the computers in our dedicated ICT Lab as well as a fleet of iPads.
- iPads are supplied by the college and maintained by our IT Department.
- Years K-4 share a fleet of devices that get moved around between classes.
- Years 5-6 are assigned a device for use at school, but they are not allowed to leave the college.
Information for Secondary Students
As of 2020, all secondary students will be required to have a laptop for use in class. iPads will no longer be allowed in high school and there has been a three year changeover period for students who already had an iPad.
Any wireless enabled device will connect to our wireless but it's worth noting that our entire network runs on a Windows platform and all staff use Windows devices.
While enrolled at TCC, all students are eligible for a free licensed copy of Microsoft Office 365.
Any device that connects to the wireless network at TCC will be subject to the web filtering and monitoring we have in place at the College. This filtering is designed to keep students safe and is constantly monitored by our IT staff.
There are serious consequences if students are found to be using any sort of means to bypass the security put in place by the College.
- Minimum Specifications: i5 processor, 4 GB RAM, 128GB Hard Drive 8 hour battery life
- Recommended Specifications: i7 processor, 8GB RAM, 265 GB Solid State Hard Drive, 10+ hour battery life.
- Mandatory requirements: Antivirus Software, wireless capability and a sturdy carry case.
If you have any questions about technology, please email our IT Team at email@example.com
If you’re confused about which device to choose for 2020, we have partnered with company called Learning With Technology to take away a lot of those decisions.
Out IT department has selected 7 different devices that will all within our College requirements, and LWT have set up an ordering Portal so you can pick a device that suits your budget.
You can choose to have the device delivered to the school or to a residential address. The site also has rugged carry cases and some other peripherals available to purchase.
Our personalised portal can be found here